First Wave Adventures Outdoor Activity Centre Cornwall welcomes school trips and study tours from the UK, Europe, and the world over looking for a fun, educational, and activity-focused school trip to Cornwall. At First Wave Adventures Activity Centre, we fuse exhilarating outdoor pursuits with unique and fun learning environments.
What is Safeguarding? The term safeguarding describes the broader preventative and precautionary approach to planning and procedures that need to be in place to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from any potential harm or damage.
1. FWA upholds the principle that the child’s welfare is paramount and that all children whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief and sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse.
2. The word ‘child’ or ‘children and young people’ is used to refer to anyone under the age of 18, as defined by the Children Act 1989.
3. The definition of a vulnerable adult offered by 'No Secrets: Guidance on developing and implementing multi-agency policies and procedures to protect vulnerable adults from abuse’ is an individual who is aged 18 years or over: - "Who is or may be in need of community care services by reason of mental or other disability, age or illness; and who is or may be unable to take care of him or herself, or unable to protect him or herself against significant harm or exploitation
4. Everyone in FWA has a duty to raise concerns about behaviour of colleagues, volunteers, managers and others, which may be harmful to those in their care, without prejudice to their own position.
5. The safeguarding policy and procedure applies to all those working for FWA, whether paid or unpaid. First Wave Adventures recognises that the primary responsibility for the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults remains with the group leaders. However we do believe it is essential to create an environment where there is no negligence or unnecessary exposure to avoidable risks. Please do contact us if you wish to know more about our Safeguarding Policy.