Newquay, is firmly established as the UK’s surfing capital and GWB is where it all began. With the forthcoming Olympic Games to include the sport surfing there is no better time to join us at the beach.
There are seven beaches across Newquay but here are our seven reasons as why we love this one the most…………..
1. GWB is a surfing heritage spot and recognised as the first surfing beach in Europe.
2. GWB loves all things retro and the renovation of The Slope Café pays homage to the original surfers …. It will open later this season.......Check out the 1964 image of Roger Mansfield, he is at GWB on most days so you should get to meet him!
3. GWB is featured in its own novel written by Emma Smith (literacy link!)
4. GWB sits centrally within access to the town, but once your toes feel the sand your transported to the serenity of a privately managed beach facility that is nestled in its own cove. Your hotel is under 10 minutes away (on foot!)
5. GWB is home to our First Wave Adventures activity base and is a Surfing accredited surf school (one of only two in Newquay).
6. GWB has its own Baywatch Team! The GWB RNLI lifeguard base is in operation from 10am-6pm every day from Easter to October.
7. GW is a beach with a view, the far reaching Atlantic Ocean stretching out either side of the cove, and at low tide you can walk to both the Harbour and the landmark Huer's Hut.
Join us for a truly authentic First Wave Adventure